Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crazy Day Part 2

And the verdict is in......BROKEN.....so I called the Orthopedic office and was told "We'll call you for the appointment." Finally spoke with them at 12:30 and was told no food or water for Ashlee until her appointment at 2:45 - did I mention it was 107 here on Friday???? Anyway we picked up x-rays and went to the appointment. The doctor comes in to report that the x-rays where the x-rays of an adult so Ashlee had to get a new set. She was such a trooper and just sat at the huge table with her little arm on the tray. They came back in and said the fracture was near the elbow and the bones were all aligned so no surgery necessary. They then asked Ashlee "So little one what color will it be?" Guesses anyone??????? Hahaha - if you know Ashlee at all only one color should be screaming at you - PINK, PINK, PINK. She has been such a good little girl and sat completely still for the cast and has only asked a few times for it to be taken off. The hardest was this morning when she got an itch she couldn't scratch and anyone who has had a cast knows what that feels like. So here is her picture in her cast.... - it comes off in 3 weeks!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Three weeks isn't so bad... can she swim with it?

Josh and Lauren said...

Oh...how sad! We send our love to Ashlee and hope for a speedy recovery. But the pink cast is great- Berlyn liked it too! :) Good thing kids bounce back so quick huh?! We miss you guys. berlyn would have loved to have Ashlee at her friends birthday party. It was alot of fun for her. I love the pics of little Hyrum...what a cutie!!

Crazy Jen said...

Wow. You had a busy day. The bright pink one is a nice color. When Christian had to have a cast he got the glow in the dark one. But, tell Ashlee I like pink better. I noticed it was her left arm. Is she right-handed? I hope so!