Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ashlee's Birthday

Ashlee just turned 5 years old!! She was extremely excited to celebrate her birthday and actually went to bed early so it would come faster. Her actual birthday was during the week and as her friends are all in school we decided to wait for her party until Saturday so they could come. She wanted a "dress-up" party so her friends could all dress-up and come play. Each of the little ones looked so adorable when they showed up. Of course Ashlee was Cinderella, we had to get her a new dress as her old one looks like the one the step-sisters ripped up! We played games, ate hot dogs, and broke a pinata. Her friends were all very generous and her room is now full of Polly pockets and my little ponies. She really had a grand time and just loved being the center of attention soooo much! That night my local family came over to celebrate and my mom helped me to once again create her cake. We did a makeshift Cinderella cake. Justify FullI know that the "Ace of Cakes" won't be calling anytime soon, but she loved it and that is what matters. My mom helped me throw it together so quickly and I am really proud of how it turned out. Ashlee was once again spoiled with more toys - we may have to rent a storage shed for them all!! My little one went to bed exhausted after having such an exciting day. She has already started asking when her next birthday will be coming and when she gets to start school. Ashlee is such a strong girl who knows what she wants and works hard to get it. She is also so loving with her little brother and is so excited for the new baby she can hardly wait. I am so glad that we were blessed to have this wonderful little spirit in our home and I know that she will do great things with her strong determination and dedication to things! I just love my little girl!!!

2 comments:

Josie said...

I can't believe how grown up she is!

Miss you guys!

Anna said...

She looks adorabl!! SO grown up. Wish I could have been there!!
Happy Birthday Ashlee Rose!!