Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A day at the Beach...






Monday was a rare day for us, Jed took the day off. He has been working basically nonstop for the past few weeks. The kids have really missed having daddy around so we took a day to play. We decided to drive up to Monterey for the day. Ashlee was so excited to go to the beach. She kept looking out the window and saying "Mommy I see the beach!" I didn't have the heart to point out that we were no where near the beach as we were just approaching Los Banos! We first went to Carmel to let the kids play. It was fun, but FREEEEZZZIINNGG cold!!! Everyone was in hoodies, sweatshirts, and pants. Ashlee still got in the water with Jed though. She would run in and out chasing the waves. Hyrum stayed by me and built sandcastles. We didn't stay long and then went over to the wharf. We watched the sea lions and then ate dinner before heading home. It was a fun day to just get away and relax with the kids.

2 comments:

Colett's Corner said...

OK I am so jealous. We took the kids to the beach (San Diego) last year about this time. They loved it. SO did mom and dad. I could sit and watch the ocean all day long. You have such a cute family. It's good to talk to you again. Stay in touch.

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I cant believe how big Hyrum is- he looks like such a little boy, definitely not a baby anymore!